Yoga Teacher Training 2016
Teacher Training Program
DESCRIPTION AND OBJECTIVES
The Rising Sun Yoga Teacher Training Program teaches that the true purpose of yoga is more than just physical movement. It is about the body, the breath, the mind, and the spirit. We teach physical postures and alignment principles, safe transitions, and entering and exiting a pose. But, we also teach meditation, how to teach, breathing and relaxation techniques, therapeutic yoga and yoga philosophy. But, it is even more than that.
We teach you how to quiet your mind by letting go of the mind chatter. It is a Teacher Training Program that presents information specific to anatomy and physiology, asanas, and the breath from a very physical perspective to those same topics looked at from an energetic perspective. We look at philosophy as we unite the teachings of Yoga and its eight limbs with other steeped-in-history philosophies such as Advaita Vedanta, and contemporary teachings from other sources.
If you have even the slightest inclination that there's more to yoga than toned arms and a strong core (which we will learn in detail), come learn of the teachings and experience the benefits of these holy ideologies.
You will learn how to teach yoga to others, and develop the habit of a daily practice which is at the heart of our Yoga Alliance Certified 200-Hour Teacher Training Program. With a strong emphasis on the instruction of Yoga, we will guide you through a well-rounded immersion into a yogic lifestyle. We will provide you with the tools to safely connect to your own practice in both a class setting and through self-practice. Expect a strong focus on safely and purposefully sequencing poses together to create a practice with depth and intention.
We will combine the strength of our team of experienced teachers to guide and mentor you along this path that will solidify your relationship to your own practice, deepen your understanding of your physical, mental, and emotional bodies, and provide you with the building blocks to share your passion with others.
Participants of our program will spend ample time instructing beginner level classes to fellow trainees. Graduates will have the skills to teach a 90-minute yoga class.
Our 2016 Teacher Training Program begins in October and runs through April 2017. We will meet for one weekend each month and expect that you will practice regularly during the week. During training weekends, instruction and practice will run from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm on Friday nights, 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Saturdays, and 8:30 am - 5:30 pm on Sundays. Students are required to attend all sessions.
2016 Teacher Training Dates:
October 14, 15, 16
November 18, 19, 20
December 9, 10, 11
January 20, 21, 22
February 24, 25, 26
March 17, 18 19
April 7, 8, 9, 10
Our program costs $3,000.00 and includes:
- A strong emphasis on foundational asanas and alignment rooted in the Hatha, Iyengar and Anusara traditions including the following categories of poses: standing, forward bends, seated, backbends, twists, inversions, balance, core, supine and restorative
- Sequencing poses to tailor theme- and alignment- based yoga classes: including sun salutation, moon salutation, breath-based movement (vinyasa) and the concept of pose and counterpose
- Instructions in the role of hands-on assisting while employing compassion and awareness
- A special workshop on the breath (Pranayama)
- Anatomy & Physiology: bones, muscle attachments and relationships, and functional movement
- An in-depth study of Ayurveda, the science of traditional Indian Medicine with Sonam Targee
- Yoga Philosophy and sacred texts
- The 8 limbs of yoga
- An unlimited Rising Sun Yoga class pass
- Observation and assisting of RSY Yoga classes
- RSY is Yoga Alliance Certified. Upon completion of our program, trainees will be able to register as an RYT-200 with Yoga Alliance
- Please click the application link below to download an application. Complete the entire application answering the questions thoroughly.
- Please include two identical (or similar) photos of yourself
- Submit your completed application to Michael@RisingSunYoga.com or print your application and bring it to the studio or submit via snail-mail
- Application fee is $100.00 and includes a 4-Class Pass. Please pay with cash or check
- Applicants are required to take one class with each of our lead teachers: Michael, Aphinya, and Tracy as part of the application process
- Once you are accepted into the program, you will be required to pay a $500.00 deposit within 1 month. You can pay your deposit in person or via the mail with cash or check
- We are accepting applications now
Application and Registration
Download the Application here